[wingide-users] Remote Debugging Paths

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Aug 14 08:21:15 MDT 2006

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006, Sheila King wrote:
> I'm working on different branches of code. I have the different branches
> installed on the remote server in different directories. When I switch between
> working on different branches I have to keep going in and editing the paths to
> the remote directories, and also my local directories, since I keep my local
> repositories of the different branches in different directories on my own
> computer as well...
>
> I suppose you could fix it up so there is a system-default set of directory
> paths, and then allow it to be overridden per project. That would work for my
> case, at least, and wouldn't change the current behavior?

You should be able to add all the needed mappings for all your
branches to the location map preference at the same time.  Only
the relevant one will be used.  Or do they somehow conflict with
each other?

> OK...I still have to install the updated version on the remote
> server...uggg...Linux installs are not my strong suit.

Only the IDE / local side needs the patch.  However, if you're
not using 2.1.1 then you will need to update the remote side to
get the debug protocols to match.  If that's a problem, email me
privately and I might be able to get you a patch for whatever
version of Wing you're using.

- Stephan