[wingide-users] Remote Debugging Paths

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Sun Aug 13 19:19:33 MDT 2006

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006, Sheila King wrote:
> However, using Subversion for code respository, and making branches and oh how
> I WISH the remote debugging info like Paths and IP addresses and so on could
> be stored PER PROJECT instead of just one time for the whole application.

Could you describe why the mapping would differ from project to
project?  Since file sharing is set up on a per-machine basis,
we thought having a location map in preferences would be enough
to get things working across all projects.

> Some of my branches are in a directory with a much longer path name.
> The path name won't fit into the form in WingIDE where I need to enter it.

Oops, that's a bug and I've just released a fix for 2.1.1 -- use
Check for Updates in the Help menu to get the fix.

Thanks for reporting that.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python