[wingide-users] Remote Debugging Paths

Sheila King sheila at thinkspot.net
Sun Aug 13 15:54:38 MDT 2006

I'm using remote debugging capabilities of WingIDE professional on my Mac
OS 10.4 machine.

It works pretty well. The cgi script I am debugging runs on a server in FL.
I'm working from my home in California.

However, using Subversion for code respository, and making branches and oh
how I WISH the remote debugging info like Paths and IP addresses and so on
could be stored PER PROJECT instead of just one time for the whole
application.

But I digress.

Some of my branches are in a directory with a much longer path name.
The path name won't fit into the form in WingIDE where I need to enter it.
So I created a symlink. A directory with a much short path and point it to
the real directory.

But this doesn't work either.

Grrr. I am kind of frustrated and disappointed at the moment...there seems
to be no workaround.

I don't see why there has to be such a limit on the path length. Allow a
really, really long path. What's the harm in that?

--
Sheila King
sheila at thinkspot.net
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/