[wingide-users] Confused about indentation

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 22:52:38 MDT 2006

I'm going through hell trying to understand the tab/space conversion
feature.

With default tab size set to 4, does that insert 4 spaces when I have
Default Indent Style = Spaces?
When I press tab, are spaces actually inserted, or are tabs always inserted?

I'm having a problem trying to get the cursor to tab over 4 columns, when I
have the cursor to the left of the def below.
The only way I could get the cursor to tab over was to convert the whole
file to use tabs, which I don't want.
TABS ARE EVIL, but I can't get Wing to tab over to the correct column when I
convert the file to use spaces.

class PageParam(object):
   def __init__(self, Name="", Min=-1, Max=-1, Offset=-1, Data="",
TransDict=None):