[wingide-users] regex search for "$

Russell Warren rwarren at picarro.com
Fri Aug 11 16:04:12 MDT 2006

If I do a regex search for "$ I expect to get all of the lines that end with a double quote, but when I try this in Wing it does not work at all.

Since I'm no regex pro I sparked up a python shell and checked the re module to make sure it actually does what I expected...

>>> import re
>>> print re.search('"$', '"\n')
<_sre.SRE_Match object at 0x00C2C608>
>>> print re.search('"$', '" \n')
None

which confirms (I think) that it *should* work.

What's up with Wing?

I actually had one case (which I can't recall/repeat now) where I was trying to use the $ end-of-line thing where I would get a search hit in the "search in files" display for a split second, and then it would disappear... makes me think something weird is happening with $.

Cheers,
Russ