[wingide-users] Text selection using cursor keys

David Hughes dfh at forestfield.co.uk
Fri Aug 11 04:52:13 MDT 2006

In all the editors and word processors that I use, including Vim and the
'Normal' WingIde keyboard, I can press shift to anchor the start point
at the cursor and use the right and/or down cursor keys to select  text.
My fingers are now hard wired to these combinations! But why is your Vi
keyboard different? Shift/Down moves the cursor down about 30 lines and
Shift/Right advances one word at a time. Neither selects text.

I've discovered that Shift+Control does the job, but I can't get my
ageing fingers to adapt to the change :-(
It might help if I knew there was a good reason why you have done it
this way.
--
Regards
David Hughes