[wingide-users] Feature Request-Activating the Python shell

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Aug 9 19:11:48 MDT 2006

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006, Tony Cappellini wrote:
> When activating the Python shell. it would be very helpful (for me, at
> least) for it to start in the same directory as the project directory.
> Usually when I start the shell, I want to poke around with the files I'm
> already working on, which happen to be the current project.
> importing os.chdir() is just a pain, because I have to open Explorer to get
> the path of the current directory.

The default should be to use project's directory or directory of
the main debug file, if defined, but I see that it's not doing
that correctly.  That's a bug, which you can work around by
setting the directory in Project Properties using Initial
Director under the Debug tab.  We'll look into fixing this soon
so the default does what it should.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python