[wingide-users] how to debug extra server in Zope

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Tue Aug 8 09:28:25 MDT 2006

Wingware Support wrote:
> Otherwise, I think the only alternative would be to hack up
> WingDBG to allow starting a debug NNTP server instance in the
> same way it starts a debug HTTP server instance now.

This would not be that easy as the code is somewhat hard to read.
ZServer/Medusa asyncore code is a bugger to deal with. I may clean it up
after I finished my shiny new Zope3 Wing Debugger(1), which will support
multiple server types more easily.

Martijn Pieters

(1) Non-functional code can be viewed at
     http://trac.zopatista.com/zopatista/browser/z3wingdbg/trunk
    Checked out at
     https://svn.zopatista.com/zopatista/z3wingdbg/trunk