[wingide-users] Feature request- Bookmark enhancements

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Aug 8 08:17:18 MDT 2006

On Mon, 7 Aug 2006, Tony Cappellini wrote:
> It would be very help full to see which lines are bookmarked in the editor
> window, as you are scrolling through the code.
>
> Using a different graphical image in the same column as the Break point
> column would work.
> If both a bookmark and a breakpoint are on the same line, different colors
> and sizes would easily allow both to be present and visible.
> This is how bookmarks are implemented in the Visual Basic 6 IDE, and are
> quite useful.
>
> When the cursor is over the bookmark, a tool tip would pop up to show a
> reference for the bookmark- like Bookmark #5,etc.
>
> Additionally, being able to right-click and set, delete, show or goto to a
> bookmark would also be better than having to go to the menu.
> I'm a big fan of Right-click functionality.

Yes, at the moment bookmarks are more of a keyboard driven thing.
We could certainly add GUI elements/support here, including
icons, line highlight, and tooltips.

My thought is some way to set and get at bookmarks with the mouse
more quickly is the most important thing.  For the popup menu,
are you asking just for a list of bookmarks within the file you
click on or all bookmarks?

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python