[wingide-users] how to debug extra server in Zope

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Aug 8 08:10:37 MDT 2006

On Tue, 8 Aug 2006, robert rottermann wrote:
> I am developping a modul for an additional Zope-server that is running at port 1329.
>
> it is configured in a zope conf stanza like this:
>   %import MyZServers
>
>   <nntp-server>
>     # what port is the nntp server running at
>     address 119
>   </nntp-server>
>
> as you can see this is a additional NNTP server is running under Zopes hood.
> of course, this NNTP server is accessing objects from the ZODB.
>
> now my question:
> how can I set up wing that it listens to events coming from this server (and not the http server)?

Most likely, you'll want to *not* turn on debugging from the
WingDBG control panel and instead insert and 'import wingdbstub'
into the NNTP server code as described in:

http://wingware.com/doc/debug/debugging-externally-launched-code

Otherwise, I think the only alternative would be to hack up
WingDBG to allow starting a debug NNTP server instance in the
same way it starts a debug HTTP server instance now.

Hope that helps.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python