[wingide-users] bookmarks in Vi mode

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Aug 7 09:57:22 MDT 2006

On Sat, 5 Aug 2006, Martijn Pieters wrote:
> Michael tried to use a double-backtick command (``):
>
> ''  ``    To the position before the latest jump, or where the
>           last "m'" or "m`" command was given.
>
> Note that double quote ('') which I normally use, does *not* work in
> Wing. This is likely a missing keybinding (Stephan?).

Yes, there was a bug that omitted support for '' while `` should
work as long as Wing has saved prior position, which it should
after 1G but may not after some actions in the same way as vi
(please send me details when you run into these cases).

I am guessing Michael is using Wing IDE Personal, which omits
support for bookmarks that happens to be used by the vi bindings.
I'll look into fixing that.  As it stands 'ma' will not work in
Personal.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python