[wingide-users] Pressing TAB on an empty line does nothing

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Sun Aug 6 12:16:55 MDT 2006

Tony Cappellini wrote:
> When I press TAB, I want to tab over to a specific number of spaces , but
> pressing TAB on an empty line does not move the cursor.

In python code, the tab key indents the current line to the level that
Wing thinks it should be indented.  This is the default behavior and can
be changed via the 'tab key action' preference in keyboard section of
the preferences dialog.

Note that the tab key action preference is now the recommended way to
change tab key behavior; we no longer recommend changing the binding of
the tab key.

Cheers,