[wingide-users] Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch)

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Apr 19 23:05:15 EDT 2006

Marcelo Camelo wrote:
> I am trying to use WindIDE with our embedded Python interpreter, but I
> am getting the "Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)" fatal
> error when the interpreter tries to import _ssl.pyd or dbgtracer24.pyd.
> Both _socket.pyd and select.pyd get imported successfuly before the
> error pops up.

The dbgtracer24.pyd module is linked against the standard python24.dll
library and should work with any python24.dll that maintains binary
compatibility with the standard dll.  If you've renamed the dll, you
probably need to compile the debugger from source.  You can get the
source to our debugger module and to most of the IDE under a NDA; this
is available to licensed users and to people who need the source to
fully evaluate Wing.

Cheers,