[wingide-users] Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch)

Marcelo Camelo camelo at bigworldtech.com
Wed Apr 19 21:36:51 EDT 2006

Hi!

I am trying to use WindIDE with our embedded Python interpreter, but I
am getting the "Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)" fatal
error when the interpreter tries to import _ssl.pyd or dbgtracer24.pyd.
Both _socket.pyd and select.pyd get imported successfuly before the
error pops up.

The error suggests, there is a mismatch between the interpreter built
into our product and the one against which these libraries were built
(_ssl.pyd comes from a stock 2.4 distribution and dbgtracer24.pyd from
WingIDE trial), but why don't _socket.pyd or select.pyd fail in the same
fashion when imported?

Is there anything I can do to verify the root cause of this error? I can
build the standard modules to make sure they match with my interpreter,
but what about WingIDE's dbgtracer?

Any help is welcome.

Best regards,

::Camelo