[wingide-users] Wing IDE 2.1 beta2 released]

Ken Kinder kkinder at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 12:04:53 EDT 2006

On 4/19/06, Wingware Support <support at wingware.com> wrote:

> This is the possibility -- though I do wonder if it is needed based on
> my personal experience of switching.  About the only thing I really miss
> is the ability to type tab while in the the middle of a line and have it
> indent, but the indent-to-match command is available as ctrl-= and that
> seems to work in these situations.  Are you running into other cases
> where the new binding is troublesome?

Definitely hitting tab in the middle of a line is helpful. Also, in
constructing data structures, I would use tab to re-indent as part of
restructuring the data center. Or when you span a method call across two or
three lines.

I've actually rebinded the tab key back. I use smart indent more than I want
4 spaces inserted.

> It's totally unrelated to the release, but would there be a way to add in
> > the Source Browser, "Browse imported modules"?
>
> Would this show all imports at the top level of the browser and then all
> their functions / methods / other symbols as they are expanded?  I think
> it's a good idea.

Exactly. I like showing all my Project Modules, but that list is just too
big. If it were limited to what's imported, it would be more useful. Really,
it would be nice if it just showed you what was in scope and you could use.
That is, if I import Spam.Eggs as just Eggs, it should show up as Eggs.

There's some overlap with tab completion and the source assistant, but it
seems like it would provide some unique benefits. Especially if it expanded
the Spam module as you type Spam.eggs.