[wingide-users] Wing IDE 2.1 beta2 released]

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Apr 19 10:17:42 EDT 2006

Ken Kinder wrote:
> The new mapping for the tab key I like in some formats, but not Python. For
> example, when I'm editing XML, Wing's auto-indentation is pretty much
> non-existent, so having a regular tab-as-indent key is better. But inside of
> Python, tab-as-auto-indent ala emacs is great. Would it be possible to make
> that key binding dependent on whether intelligent indentation is available
> with the current file type?

This is the possibility -- though I do wonder if it is needed based on
my personal experience of switching.  About the only thing I really miss
is the ability to type tab while in the the middle of a line and have it
indent, but the indent-to-match command is available as ctrl-= and that
seems to work in these situations.  Are you running into other cases
where the new binding is troublesome?

> It's totally unrelated to the release, but would there be a way to add in
> the Source Browser, "Browse imported modules"?

Would this show all imports at the top level of the browser and then all
their functions / methods / other symbols as they are expanded?  I think
it's a good idea.