[wingide-users] Wing IDE 2.1 beta2 released]

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Apr 19 09:49:07 EDT 2006

Michael Hipp wrote:
> Wingware Support wrote:
>> * The tab key has been remapped to increase indent rather than
>>    auto-indent as before.  To return to the old behavior, use
>>    the Custom Key Bindings preference to map the tab key to
>>    'indent-to-match'.
>
> I hope this can become just an option to select rather than having to remap
> the Tab key.

We'd rather not add another preference to control tab key behavior,
although we may end up needing to if the choice becomes more complex
than just choosing a command.  There is a cost to preferences and it is
mostly in making them understandable, easy to use, and making sure they
don't break as new code is added.

So, changing the keyboard mapping is currently the way to change tab
behavior.

Thanks for the feedback,