[wingide-users] Wing IDE 2.1 beta2 released]

Ken Kinder kkinder at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 18:18:15 EDT 2006

On 4/17/06, Wingware Support <support at wingware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We're pleased to announce a new beta release of Wing IDE 2.1
> for Windows, Linux, and OS X.  This release can be downloaded
> from:

As always, the new beta looks great. The anti-aliasing on vertical tabs is
much better, although they don't entirely match horizontal tabs. Vertical
tabs are bolder or something.

The new mapping for the tab key I like in some formats, but not Python. For
example, when I'm editing XML, Wing's auto-indentation is pretty much
non-existent, so having a regular tab-as-indent key is better. But inside of
Python, tab-as-auto-indent ala emacs is great. Would it be possible to make
that key binding dependent on whether intelligent indentation is available
with the current file type?

It's totally unrelated to the release, but would there be a way to add in
the Source Browser, "Browse imported modules"?

Glad to see rstrip-all-lines made it in.

-Ken