[wingide-users] remote debugging path mapping problem

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Apr 12 18:34:33 EDT 2006

Bryan Stearns wrote:
> I've got a remote debugging path-mapping problem: I'm getting errors
> sometimes like:
> *Failed to open document 'schema.py
> (z:\main\chandler\z:\main\chandler\application)'
> *
> This happens when Wing thinks that an exception is unhandled because the
> handler on the stack is in a library written in C.

Does this happen with python code that is called from swig code or are
you somehow seeing frames that are written in C?  You may want to try
deleting all shared .pyc files before running on a different platform
because .pyc files contain the pathname where they were compiled (e.g.
z:\main), which may be different from the location where they are being run.

My guess is that you're seeing mixed pathnames because of .pyc
compilation issues, but that Wing's remote location mapping is not
working for some unknown reason -- if this is the case, you may want to
check the remote ip address associated with the mapping.

You could also turn on debug internals logging under the debug advanced
preferences and send the log output to support at wingware.com