[wingide-users] Exclude directories from source analysis?

Peter Fein pfein at pobox.com
Wed Apr 12 18:15:19 EDT 2006

On Wednesday 12 April 2006 04:35 pm, Wingware Support wrote:
> Ken Kinder wrote:
> > I'm working on a project which has a python package with thousands of
> > small modules in it. They're mostly metadata. When I try to edit
> > something in that package, like the __init__.py file, Wing's editor slows
> > to a crawl presumably because of the number of modules in the package,
> > the symbols in those modules, etc. I'd like to be able to exclude this
> > package from source analysis, if possible.
>
> It's currently not possible to exclude directories, but we can try to
> add something for this in the future.  You might try increasing the 'max
> memory buffers' source analysis preference so that the disk is hit less
> often.  You also could temporarily switch the file type of the file you
> are editing.

I'd like to be able to exclude individual files from analysis as well... there
are a few generated python modules in my repo that are basically enormous
dicts (dunno why, I didn't write them).  If include the containing directory
in my project, Wing dies a thrashy death (well, ok, I pkill it, but you get
the idea).

Perhaps a 'Maximum File Size to be Analyzed' option?

--
Peter Fein                                                     pfein at pobox.com
773-575-0694                                      Jabber: peter.fein at gmail.com