[wingide-users] Vi key bindings

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Apr 12 11:51:07 EDT 2006

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006, David Hughes wrote:
> I have only recently upgraded from version 1.0 to 2.1.0-b1 (and wish I had
> done so months ago!). I am used to Vim as my main editor so the new Vi
> bindings were what persuaded me to finally take the plunge.
>
> I'm trying to alter the Copy/Cut/Paste keys to the  more  usual  Ctrl/C,
> Ctrl/X  and Ctrl/V that my fingers are used to - and which Vim accepts
> automatically - instead of the default Ctrl/Ins, Shift/Del and Shift/Ins. I
> have tried adding Keyboard | Custom key bindings in Edit| Preferences but only
> Copy (Ctrl/C) has any effect. See attached screenshots.

Are you wanting these to work in browse mode or insert mode or
another mode (or all)?  I see Ctrl-V is conflicting w/ entering
Visual Block mode when in insert mode but otherwise the overrides
seem to be working for me in the various modes.  Is Ctrl-X
definately not working if bound to 'cut'?

In general, I'd like to know whether vi users would prefer Ctrl-V
to paste by default or enter visual block mode, as it does in the
copy of vim I've been testing against.

> Also, the remaining shots show a couple of glitches - the default width of the
> 'Key' column is too narrow, and if an entry is removed, the remaining entries
> are shuffled up but the bottom row isn't cleared.

Hmm, thanks for reporting that also!

- Stephan