[wingide-users] Hiding tool boxes (was RE: Maximising editable area)

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Apr 11 09:42:45 EDT 2006

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006, Walker Hale wrote:
> Now that I think about it, I'm really starting to like that idea. Just
> expose all the decorations through toggle commands that the users can bind
> to keys. Then everybody gets what he wants without the Wingware team having
> to program in behavior that tries to be a compromise between everyone's
> preferences.

We'll probably make a preference for selecting what is hidden
when editor area is maximized -- this seems to address what
people are asking for without requiring the overhead of learning
scripting.

Having each area be toggleable by command is also good.  There
are already commands like hide-horizontal-tools that could be
used in a script but some like show/hide toolbar are missing.

I'm leaning towards a pref also for F1 and F2 rather than making
them three state -- keep in mind that a three-state model would
require two presses to get from minimized to shown (via hidden).
I suspect that would get annoying.  But is this even needed if
Maximize Editor Area has a pref to specify what is hidden?

- Stephan