[wingide-users] More thoughts on toolbar hiding

Russell Warren rwarren at picarro.com
Mon Apr 10 18:45:07 EDT 2006

Adding to the comments here...

In general I'm happy with the F1 and F2 hiding of the lower and right panes (don't think I rebound those) because I usually work fullscreen on a massive monitor- good ol' 1800x1440 is my coding friend, if not my eyeballs'.  For working with a zillion windows and Wing in the corner of my screen, if these show/hide toggles were 3-phase instead as suggested by someone that would be great.

Having said that, I'd personally put several other things in front of this.  Handling multiple threads in the debugger, object value tooltips when hovering over them, kwargs in the autocomplete list, url detection and linking, search/replace in selected text, and an integrated wx GUI builder are on the tip of my brain at the moment... not that they're necessarily comparable in scope! :)

As to dynamic resizing of text, I'm perfectly fine with the two speedy options that I know of: ctrl-mouse-wheel-up/down, and ctrl-numpad-plus and ctrl-numpad-minus.  I often don't even remember my default font size because I just adjust to whetever is the best for the moment (visibility or my level of eye fatigue).

Russ