[wingide-users] Maximising editable area

Robert Leftwich rtl at pobox.com
Sat Apr 8 16:37:24 EDT 2006

Wingware Support wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Apr 2006, Robert Leftwich wrote:
>
>>Is it possible to turn off the scroll bars and the editor menu area (where the
>>source index, editor option menu and the prev/next bookmark arrows are
>>displayed) to maximise the editable area? (I'm using 2.1.0-b1 on Ubuntu 5.10).
>

> Use Maximize Editor Area in the Tools menu.

I should have been more explicit - I meant in addition to this excellent feature.

> However, this
> doesn't hide as much as you seem to want to hide.  Would you also
> want to hide the notebook tabs, assuming you're using those?

I have those off as well.

> I ask because I'm considering making this three-state -- hide
> as implemented now, hide everything, and show everything.  I just
> don't know how to define "everything" for hiding more than we
> hide now.

My question was prompted by the way I setup Emacs (no scrollbars, no menu, etc,
as much editable area as possible), so including all those in "everything" would
be great. Also making the scope of "everything" configurable would be a very
'nice to have' feature.

Robert