[wingide-users] double-underscore (private) variables and the debug probe

Chris Curvey ccurvey at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 09:26:23 EDT 2006

Just curious if this is a feature or not.

If I have a class like this:

class Foo:
    def bar(self):
         self.__snafu = 1

         self.doSomethingElse()

and I set a breakpoint at doSomethingElse(), and try to interrogate
"self.__snafu" in the debug probe, I'm told that "class Foo has no attribute
__snafu".  Of course, this is just because of the name-mangling; if I
interrogate self._Foo__snafu, then I get what I'm looking for.

Any chance we could get Wing to do the name-mangling on its own?

--
Nervous passengers are advised to wear a blindfold.