[wingide-users] 2.1b and 2.0 crash on Ubuntu Dapper

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Sun Apr 2 23:01:48 EDT 2006

On Sat, 1 Apr 2006, Matt Feifarek wrote:
> I've been having trouble with seg-fault crashing (nothing dumped to console)
> with 2.1. It's not always easy to duplicate, but it /often/
> happens when Wing first starts up and shows the hints box.
> Clicking /anywhere/ on the wing window or the hint window, and
> the app simply goes away.

For Wing 2.1, assuming you're using Wing's private GTK
installation (the default), try the following as a replacement
for the run-wing.sh that cames with 2.1 beta1:

For Wing 2.0, the same general fix in the above run-wing.sh will
work -- basically, unset GTK_PATH and others before running Wing.

If on the other hand you're using the system-wide GTK and one of
the KDE / Qt look alike themes with GTK, try running with a theme
other than a Qt compatibility theme.  Some of those themes
contain bugs in code that Wing exercises more than other apps.

Hope that helps.  Please let us know if not.

Stephan Deibel

Wing IDE for Python