[wingide-users] 2.1b and 2.0 crash on Ubuntu Dapper

Matt Feifarek matt.feifarek at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 13:18:00 EST 2006

I've been having trouble with seg-fault crashing (nothing dumped to console)
with 2.1. It's not always easy to duplicate, but it /often/ happens when
Wing first starts up and shows the hints box. Clicking /anywhere/ on the
wing window or the hint window, and the app simply goes away.

I can't see anything obviously wrong (permission wise etc.) in ~/.wingide/
but I'm not sure what to look for.

After this happened about 5 times in a row, I went back to Wing 2.0, and the
same problem persists, albeit less often.

I've seen it do a similar crash when using the debugger, or simply when
typing text, too.

I haven't seen any other problems with GTK apps, but I haven't been using
Dapper that long (only a couple of weeks).

Thanks!