[wingide-users] Is there a way to set a main entry file and a tool button 'run' for a project?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Sep 29 11:37:08 EDT 2005

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005, Huaicai Mo wrote:
> I always find that I have to select the main entry file and then go down the
> debug menu to find "Execute Current File" menu item to run a project within
> Wing IDE. Can we have a similar feature for 'Run without debug' just as that
> for the 'Debug'? That means set a main entry file for the project once or
> use the same one for the debug. Every time we only need to click a tool
> button like 'Run' to run the project.

Would using the main entry file for debug give you what you want?  I
ask because we expected they might differ in many/most cases.

Obviously, we can add a feature to make this easier (one way or the
other) but in the interim you might want to define some simple scripts
to execute specific files.  See the examples in 'scripts' in the Wing
IDE installation and the docs:

http://wingware.com/doc/scripting/index

Probably all you'll need is something like this:

import os
def my_execute1():
  os.system('/path/to/my/file')

Then bind this new command to a key binding of your choice using the
User Interface / Keyboard / Custom Key Bindings preference.
Unfortunately, you can't add toolbar items yet, but that's in our
plans.

Hope that helps... please let me know if not.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python