[wingide-users] Simple Feature -- Full-Width Strings?

Tom Stambaugh tms at stambaugh-inc.com
Wed Sep 28 06:52:22 EDT 2005

Hi All,

I'd like to see a hopefully-minor change to the UI -- I'd like to be able to
double-click on any string-valued debugger variable and get a window on the
entire string. I want to be able to select and copy from that window as
well. I'd prefer to see the "watch" command as a right-button menu item,
where "open" (as just described) would be the default.

Since I use python mainly for text-oriented work (xml, rdf/owl, xhtml, etc),
the inability to see the full strings I'm passing around is a real
annoyance.

Thanks,
Tom