[wingide-users] source completion

Dave Aitel dave at immunitysec.com
Fri Sep 9 10:05:06 EDT 2005

Wingware Support wrote:

>On Fri, 9 Sep 2005, Dave Aitel wrote:
>

>>I use the source completion a lot, but what mystifies me is why when I'm
>>doing something like this:
>>def getsizefromtype(basetype):

Basetype is defined above.

>>    "int is 4, etc"
>>    if basetype in [FC_BYTE,FC_CHAR]:
>>        return 1
>>    elif base <--- here it shows me something random first, not "basetype".
>>
>>Should it be doing a "most recently used" search of some kind?
>>

>It should be going alphabetically and selecting the first match
>alphabetically, not randomly.  However, augmenting that by selecting
>most recently used match, if any, is a good suggestion.  I've added it
>as a feature request.

Most recently typed, most recently picked, and "closest" in terms of
lines of code (which would indicate that we're likely to use it), would
be my suggestion. Of course, you could do something advanced with real
statistical modeling, but that's probably overkill. :>

Better do it quick before someone gets a fscking patent on it! :>

-dave