[wingide-users] Adding additional paths for the autocompletion parser

Markus Meyer meyer at mesw.de
Fri Sep 9 06:52:53 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

first let me thank you for Wing IDE, which is about the most
sophisticated IDE I have ever used. Now to my small problem. Some files
in my project (for complicated reasons) need to import modules from
non-standard paths. E.g., I have some files which add the grandparent
directory to the module path:

sys.path.append("../..")
import module1, module2, module3 # These would not be found without the
above instruction

This works fine in both the Python interpreter and in modules created by
py2exe. However, Wing IDE does not seem to parse the "sys.path.append"
instruction, and therefore I do not have any autocompletion facility for
any of these modules.

Is there are workaround for this (maybe by adding the paths by hand to
some configuration)?

Thanks in advance!
Markus