[wingide-users] auto-completion

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Sep 7 16:57:56 EDT 2005

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005, Lee Connell wrote:
> I know there is contributions for setting up auto-completion for pygtk, what
> about twisted or something similar.  Is there any plans for building
> auto-completion right into the wingware ide similar to what monodevelop is
> doing which works very well?
>
> I find auto-completion extremely helpful to finding new methods etc... as I
> am learning and programming.  This IDE rocks i'm just missing this very
> convenient feature :)
>
> Any input on this would be appreciated.

We are looking at two different ways to extract type information from
extension modules:  Static analysis and loading in introspecting the
module in a separate process space.  We've traditionally tried to
avoid the latter as a design principle, to avoid unwanted side effects
when modules do real work at the top level and so that auto-completion
works with flawed or unloadable code.  But it may be we need to resort
to it to do extension modules well.

As usual, I can't give any promises as to time frame but we do view
this as pretty important.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python