[wingide-users] Scripting Documentation and CAPIApplication Instance?

Ken Kinder ken at kenkinder.com
Thu Sep 1 11:38:54 EDT 2005

http://wingware.com/doc/scripting/api

On this page, bullet #3 reads "All of the documented commands which can
be invoked using the ExecuteCommand() method on wingapi.CAPIApplication."

When I do something about like that in a script,

    wingapi.CAPIApplication.ExecuteCommand('fold_expand_all')

I get,

    Exception: 'exceptions.TypeError'
    Value = 'unbound method ExecuteCommand() must be
        called with CAPIApplication instance as first
        argument (got str instance instead)'

Now, I think that it is actually wingapi.gApplication (not
CAPIApplication) -- which seems to work, but I'm not sure.

-Ken