[wingide-users] confused about "projects" / wing "current directory"

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Oct 26 12:04:38 EDT 2005

Hi,

New Project should give you a new blank project with the same
tool arrangement/layout as for the old project.  It shouldn't do
any searching/etc until you add files to the project.  How do you
mean it was searching?  In the project view, in the search
manager, ... ?

Once you add files, you can then Save Project from the Project
menu to write the project file wherever you want it.  We
recommend you write it somewhere near your sources so that if you
move sources you also move the project retaining the same
relative path between them.  If you need to change this relative
positioning, use Save Project As instead so Wing can fix up the
file locations.

Only the default project is stored in the Applications Data
folder (for lack of a better place).  You generally shouldn't
put your own projects there.

Hope that helps... let me know if not.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python