[wingide-users] confused about "projects" / wing "current directory"

Chris Curvey ccurvey at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 11:11:59 EDT 2005

I'm a little confused about "projects". I think I understand what they do,
I'm just having trouble with how they're managed. For instance, I have two
enormous source trees for the same application on my hard drive. One of them
is the trunk, the other is a branch for one of my evil plans that I was just
about to start working on. I opened up Wing, hit "New Project" and Wing
seems to have gone berserk, as it appears to be searching every file in my
trunk. (But I already had a project file for that!)

Now Wing has come back, so I tried "Open Project", and it's looking for a
project file. But I don't have a project file for the "evil plan" branch
yet, I'm trying to create it. So maybe my questions are:

1) How can I create a new project file, and associate it with my evil plan?
2) Where does Wing store it's project files? (I see "default.wpr" in my
Application Data folder, but that's the only one I see)

-Chris

--
Nervous passengers are advised to wear a blindfold.