[wingide-users] Debugging cgi script on local machine

Peter Mott peter at monicol.co.uk
Tue Oct 25 10:02:52 EDT 2005

Yes, that could very likely have been the base cause as I orignally had not
problem debiugging CGI scripts (the script that did not debug most recently
was responding to a 'multipart/form-data' form). I got the debugger working
by hacking at the setup but I don't really have any idea why. In particular
the Help is not entirely explicit on the relationship between the A)
wingdbstub variables:

kWingHostPort = 'localhost:50005'
kAttachPort = '50015'

and B) the set up one accesses through the Edit/Preferences menu in
particular 'Server Port' and  'Common Attach Hosts'.
Indeed I don't really know whether the  k-variables are interdependent or
not. On problem is that when all the clients and hosts are on a single
machine what is going on can become a bit obscure (at least to me).

Peter