[wingide-users] trouble debugging.

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Oct 24 15:31:56 EDT 2005

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005, Lionel barret De Nazaris wrote:
> I'm quite new to Wing and I don't grasp the debugging philosophy. So if
> anyone could help me...
>
> I am coding a game. I have a main loop which update the world and the
> rendering process.
> Alas, one of my world object is behaving incorrectly and I have no idea
> what's cause this.
>
> The guilty world object is in a "Livething.py" module, but I don't see
> how I could launch my game (i.e my Main.py module) and have a active
> breakpoint in Livething.py.
> This drives me crazy, as I cannot believe this is not possible...(I've
> read the docs, Do I have missed something ?)

You may want to run through the tutorial in the Help menu.

Basically, you should be able to set a breakpoint by clicking on
the breakpoint margin in Livething.py, then bring up Main.py and
select Debug/Continue from the Debug menu.  When Main.py is up
you can Set Current as Main Debug file from the Debug menu so
that you don't always have to bring it up to start debugging in
that file.

If this doesn't work, please let me know.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python