[wingide-users] Debugging cgi script on local machine

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Oct 24 10:26:31 EDT 2005

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005, Peter Mott wrote:
> I'm on Windows XP SP2 running Apache on my local machine. I have Windows
> Firewall installed and no doubt lots of other security things that I know
> nothing about!  As far as I can I have ruled out that class of problems.

My guess is you're loading a page with multiple bits so there are
many quick requests to your server, and some of them are running
w/o debug because Wing doesn't reset back to listening for debug
connections quickly enough.  It may help to build in some sort of
short delay when os.environ.has_key('WINGDB_ACTIVE').

This should go away as a problem at some point in the future
'cause we want Wing to be able to do multiple debug sessions
simultaneously.  For now, you're stuck working around it.

I should note that running multiple threads simultaneously will
result in a seemingly similar problem -- only the first thread
will be debugged.

If that doesn't help, please let me know.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python