[wingide-users] Patch: editor-extensions.py upper/lower/titlecase

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Oct 19 11:55:21 EDT 2005

Hi,

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005, Yves Bastide wrote:
> attached is a patch to scripts/editor-extensions.py. It has two objectives:
>
> * make upper-/lower-/title-case work without selection, like in Emacs
> (modulo 'forward-word' differences)
>
> * enhance title-casing to consider any non-alphabetic character as a
> word separator (string.capwords splits on white-spaces only, and replace
> them with " ").

Thanks.  I've applied the changes to the head branch of our
current sources (Wing 2.1 not 2.0.x).

> BTW, the first chunk of the patch does not apply, since it tries to
> remove a nonexistent '_ignore_scripts = 1' from
> /usr/local/lib/wingide2.0/scripts/editor-extensions.py. I had to add
> this line because the scripts search order is backward
> (/usr/local/lib/wingide2.0/scripts is before ~/.wingide2.0/scripts); and
> changing it breaks the 'import' statement. Known bug?

Which import is broken?  The path is in this order so that
user-defined scripts can override/replace the defaults provided
by Wing.  But it works for me in the opposite order too (w/ or
w/o a copy of editor extensions in ~/.wingide2.0/scripts).

> BTW2: Do you Wingware guys plan on using a public bug tracker?

We may add one but have found so far that it's easier to maintain
a private list (this may be changing tho as the user base grows).

Thanks for the patches!

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python