[wingide-users] Dynamic import paths

Russell Warren rwarren at picarro.com
Tue Oct 11 12:05:36 EDT 2005

When working with code located in multiple directories I often have code like this:

from sys import path as sys_path
if "../Common" not in sys_path: sys_path.append("../Common")
import ModuleName  #this is in ..\Common

Right now when I do this I do not get code completion for ModuleName at all.

Is there any work around for this?  If not, it would be nice if Wing could pick up on additions to sys.path with the code completer.  Making it smart enough to see through from statements like in my example, or aliasing of sys, would be extra nice.

Any other ideas appreciated.

Russ