[wingide-users] Problem with project paths

Sheila King sheila at thinkspot.net
Sun Oct 9 16:05:48 EDT 2005

I have a project I'm working on where I usually keep all of my files on my
iMac and then sometimes I work remotely from my Thinkpad and access those
files over the network. (I have them mapped to a G: drive on my laptop.)

Anyhow, my iMac is not accessible right now for these files. So I checked
out a local copy from our code respository to my laptop. And I created a
new project in the copy of WingIDE on my laptop, with the files in the D:
drive (on the local HD of my Thinkpad).

I'm remotely debugging a CGI script.

I start the debug process running and it starts, and then I get an error
message that some variable is "not known" and I'm like WHAT!?!?@!? because
this is a part of the code that hasn't changed in many, many months.

When I look closer, I see that WingIDE is looking for the corresponding
file on the G: drive (which is not available at the moment) and this is why
it doesn't know about the variable and is throwing the error.

I've examined the new project in Wing, and it seems that in the Tree View
of all the project files, only the files on D: are shown, and not any of
the files on G:, so why Wing is looking for the files in the wrong location
is beyond me.

Any ideas? Workarounds? Is this a bug?

--
Sheila King