[wingide-users] Indenting, tabbing

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Nov 30 14:53:49 EST 2005

Danny Bloemendaal wrote:
> I noticed a new option to enable indent analysis only for python
> modules. Very nice coz that omission earlier was really very annoying.
> But.. I want this also for making (block)indents. In python, I want
> the default behavior but in other files I just want to use tab to
> indent and shif-tab to outdent

Do you want tabs removed or deleted from the start of the line or do you
want tabs inserted at the current position?  I think the thing to do in
the short term is to write a script command to implement the behavior
you want.  The vs_tab command in the editor-extensions.py file is an
example of an alternate tab behavior.

Longer term, we need to implement more default tab behaviors for people
to choose from.