[wingide-users] OT: Win executable problem

Charles Hartman charles.hartman at conncoll.edu
Mon Nov 28 13:09:58 EST 2005

I know this is O.T. but I'm confused about where to turn. I have an
app that runs fine in OSX (10.4, probably also 10.3). It runs fine
inside the WingIDE on both OSX and WinXP. But I can't get my WinXP
executable to run.

My setup.py (both the Mac and the Win version) is very much the same
as the one I used for another app that runs fine on both platforms.
On Windows I'm using py2exe and InnoSetup.

The error message I get in the log file indicates that the executable
is not finding stuff in the lib.zip file -- which, after
installation, is right there inside the same folder in which the .exe
file is sitting.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something very, very simple; but I hardly
ever work on Windows except to build final executables. Any hints
welcome; I'm glad to do the research but I'm baffled about where to
look.

Charles Hartman