[wingide-users] Wing IDE + IronPython, IPython

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Nov 16 13:15:37 EST 2005

Mike Krell wrote:
> I've just started using Wing IDE under Windows.  Is there any way to integrate
> Wing with IronPython instead of CPython?

Wing only supports debugging in CPython right now, though you can use
the editor to write python to run in the IronPython interpreter.  We'll
consider adding debugging support for IronPython as it matures.

> What about using the IPython shell instead of the standard interactive shell?

We do plan on supporting IPython or providing similar features (such as
autocompletion) in upcoming releases.

Thanks for your interest in Wing,