[wingide-users] Cosmetic request about fonts on MacOS

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Nov 9 12:30:25 EST 2005

Luc Bourhis wrote:
>   Would it  be
> possible, on that platform, to actually use, let's say 12 points  for
> the main menu bar and all its menus and submenus, and for the
> contextual menus as well. It seems to me that all MacOS user would  feel
> more at home.

It's possible to set a different font for use in all menus through the
display font preference, but it's not possible to set the fonts on
individual menus such as the file and symbol menus.  Wing probably
should do a better job on OS X of detecting the default font on a
particular machine and trying to match it.

The issue with trying to use all OS X native fonts is that the font
engine we use will segfault when trying to read some of them.  We're
going to update to a newer version of the font engine to see if the bug
still persists.