[wingide-users] Debugger doesn't show "None" variables

Tom Stambaugh tms at stambaugh-inc.com
Wed Nov 2 18:39:53 EST 2005

It is truly annoying that the debugger won't show a variable who's value is
"None" in the "Stack data" pane.

When I have python assignment like:

aVariable = self.aFunctionReturningValueOrNone()

then I *really* want to see what aVariable looks like, especially when
aFunctionReturningValueOrNone answers "None". I understand why it's hard ...
but I still want to see it. I don't want to have to stare at the Stack data
pane, trying to see if a particular var is present or none. Put it there,
and show its value as "None". Please!

Thx,
Tom