[wingide-users] Toolbar vs tool window

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue May 3 22:25:45 EDT 2005

[Sorry for delay in responding -- we had some mailing list
problems over the weekend]

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005, Russell E. Owen wrote:
> For example I moved Search/Replace to the new tool window. I love having
> a separate Search/Replace dialog so I thought this would be a big win.
> But Wing isn't using it. When I request a search, Wing ignores the
> Search/Replace in the separate tool window and creates a new
> Search/Replace tool in the tool panel along the bottom.
>
> Any suggestions for either temporarily hiding one of the two split tool
> panels along the bottom or for getting Wing to use tools that are in a
> separate tool window?

Unfortunately, there's no good work-around right now.  Perhaps we
should add an easy way to zoom back and forth between N splits
and a single split with the current tool.

Also, the search tool example you give should be fixed -- the
policy for reusing tools should go out to floating windows before
adding a new tool to the current window.  This is just a case we
didn't provide for, since we assumed people would be in separate
tools window mode in this case.

Thanks for pointing these out.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python