[wingide-users] Debug - exception - fix - stop - select file - debug: is there an easier way?

Rene Pijlman rene at lab.applinet.nl
Thu Mar 31 07:15:10 EST 2005

Jacob Lundqvist:
>If you select a.py as Main Debug File, you will always launch the same
>thing regardless of what file is active in the editor - that does away
>with 5.

Ah, that helps. I was looking for something like that in
Project>Properties, but couldn't find it there. I found it in
the manual now (duh). Thanks.

>What I would do in my wing instead of your steps 4 - 6 is
>Ctrl-C Ctrl-K F5
>
>True that its not precicely one keystroke, but after 5-10 times it gets
>into your muscle-memory and you just think "restart" and it happens
>without thinking of what you actually do.

  :-)

It would be nice to have an option "stop debugging when Wing
stops on an exception", or a command button "stop and start
debugging".

Then we could set a main debug file and hit "Debug" (or the new
button) over and over again, untill all unexpected exceptions
are fixed.

--
Regards / Groeten,  http://www.leren.nl
Rene Pijlman        http://www.applinet.nl