[wingide-users] Indentation bug with 'pass'?

Ken Kinder ken at kenkinder.com
Wed Mar 30 17:50:56 EST 2005

Wing IDE Support wrote:

>Indeed, we seem to be treating 'pass' like 'return' and others
>that end a block.  Does it really make sense to say 'pass' and
>not end a block?

It seems to me "pass" is similar to return, because its syntax doesn't
necessarily terminate the block, but in practical terms it would. I
have, for example, put return at the top of a function for debugging
purposes, and it was syntactically valid. That is, treating "pass" and
"return" the same seems correct to me, and 99% of the time, one would be
terminating a block with them.