[wingide-users] Indentation bug with 'pass'?

Rene Pijlman rene at lab.applinet.nl
Wed Mar 30 17:49:40 EST 2005

Wing IDE Support:
>On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, Rene Pijlman wrote:
>> def a(b):<Enter>
>>     pass<Enter>
>>
>> The indentation level drops back to that of 'def' and when I
>> type Tab, Wing refuses to move the cursor to the indentation
>> level of 'pass'.
>
>Indeed, we seem to be treating 'pass' like 'return' and others
>that end a block.  Does it really make sense to say 'pass' and
>not end a block?

I wanted to type this:

def a(b):
    pass
    # Todo: implement this such and so

I know I can write this in 12 different ways, but I just found
it somewhat annoying that Wing refused my <Tab>.

I understand that ending the block probably makes sense in most
cases and is the default. But not ending it is also
syntactically correct and should be allowed IMO.

So I would suggest the following autoindent behavior after
'pass':
1. End the block
2. Allow a manual <Tab> and indent on it

But I admit this isn't the most important feature I'm expecting
from Wing :-)

--
Regards / Groeten,  http://www.leren.nl
Rene Pijlman        http://www.applinet.nl